When you go to your bed at night, the first thing that frightens you is bed bugs. Unfortunately, bed bugs are very common problems in the homes of the Manchester. They grow exponentially and are very hard to identify in your home with naked eyes. They hide in your bed during the day to feast on you at night as you lie down to sleep.
What are bed bugs and how do they invade your home?
Bed bugs are small oval-shaped insects that rely on the blood of humans and animals to feed themselves. They are white or red-brown in color which makes them hard to visible with naked eyes. A healthy female bed bug can lay up to 500 eggs in her lifetime. This is the reason their population can grow exponentially in your bedroom in just few weeks.
They generally hide in cracks and gaps of your bed, furniture, and mattresses. They may invade you home through newly purchased furniture or clothes. They are mainly sourced from contaminated hotel, resorts, hostels, public transportation, movie theatres, or the visiting guests. Bed bugs can easily get into your clothes and belongings to come home with you.
Pest control Manchester has 30 years of expertise in providing pest control Manchester services to eradicate rats, mice, cockroaches, bed bugs and all other pest species. They provide same-day service for pest control solutions for your residential and commercial property. With updated premium products and advance technology, they offer guaranteed, reliable, and effective services.
How to identify whether you have any bed bug infestation?
Bed bugs always leave their marks and it is easy to identify for their infestation in your home.
Here are some of the signs you can check to identify infestation.
- Musty odor in your room and around your bed or mattresses.
- Bloodstains on your sheets, bedding, or pillowcases.
- Shed skins or body of bed bug.
- Red itching lashes and swellings on your skin found in the morning.
- Tiny white spots in cracks or crevasses of your bed.
How to get rid of bed bug infestation?
You must first identify the real cause of bed bug infestation to prevent further invasions. To get rid of bed bugs, you must also find the areas infested with bed bugs.
Let us consider below tips to get rid of bed bugs and prevent their infestation in your home.
- Wash your mattresses, beddings, curtains, and clothing in hot water and dry them hard.
- Dry wash all items that cannot be washed in hot water.
- Vacuum clean your bed, windows, bags, luggage, and other infected items.
- Repair cracks and peeling wallpapers to block the hiding places of bedbugs.
- Remove heaps of objects cluttered around your bed. Keep your bed away from your walls and other furniture.
- Use a mattress cover that kills and repels bed bugs.
- Wash and vacuum your floors and floorings like carpets thoroughly where bed bugs can hide.
- Inspect the mattresses in hotels or resorts when you are traveling.
- Check clothing, luggage, and pillows while returning back from vacation.
- Carefully inspect newly or second-hand purchased items.
You can get a professional bed bug control services assistance to get rid of your bed bug infestation completely and safely.