Social media marketing is the latest buzzword for those looking to put up their sales and online presence but is social media marketing all it is hyped up to be? Yes, of course! Undoubtedly, social media marketing does live up to all the hype for average to medium-sized businesses. Numerous social media marketing companies are now springing up all over the place, telling everyone how essential social media like Facebook and Twitter are to your business. But nobody talks about the most crucial aspect of a social media marketing campaign- ‘the Brand ambassador’; however, this article will do.
In today’s economy, with most consumer brands cutting back on marketing budgets, it is vital to understand how important it is to find brand ambassadors to help you get the most bang for your marketing buck. People are likely to listen to someone they know or are a great fan of when purchasing your sales executives or advertising messages. Hence, your company’s best interest is to identify and select ambassadors for your brand because wherever they go, you go. Today, more and more companies are hiring actors/ actresses, cricketers and other sports players, etc., to promote their business and bring eyes to their products or services. A brand ambassador can help facilitate your brand’s success in several ways. To know what they are, continue reading!
How does a brand ambassador help your business?
- Enhance the perception of the attractiveness of the brand to the public. The brand may be just what everyone needs, but if people are not attracted to it, they will likely overlook it. A brand ambassador draws attention to the business through its attractiveness and charm and increases brand awareness.
- Brand ambassadors work on presenting the targeted image of the product or service. Hence, choosing a brand ambassador for your business should carefully examine your options. The key is to find someone who will appeal to the intended audience base of your brand. For example, if your product is a kitchen utensil, you need to find someone your target audience can relate to. A brand ambassador for a kitchenware brand will be different from one for an auto product.
- Brand ambassadors help increase the public’s knowledge of the product. Brand ambassadors provide information about the brand, product or services to the consumers who show interest. They are filmed in a manner that shows the importance and usage of the product/ service or even answers the possible questions of the audience.
- Help prospective customers feel comfortable with the brand. Buying a product from an unknown brand is scary for most people; however, it sets them at ease when a familiar person or a celebrity is connected with the brand. Furthermore, people are settled in their buying habits and do not think about changing quickly. Seeing a celebrity or an influencer marketing a brand gives them the courage and confidence to change.
So these are some crucial roles a brand ambassador can play for your business. Hope now you are enticed to find a brand ambassador for your company and boost your marketing strategies.
But before you step out to find someone, here are a few things you need to look for when selecting a brand ambassador for your business. Read on!
- Prefer hiring a brand ambassador or influencer from your niche. Choosing someone that doesn’t belong to your industry usually backfires and might not have the desired effect.
- Choose a person who has high engagement rates. Before you finalise an ambassador, make sure you have checked their engagement rate on social media. Also, measure their previous performance results.
- Find brand ambassadors who operate in your demographics. This is crucial if you want to target only the local audience.
- Find someone who meets your brand’s voice. It is advisable to entrust an ambassador that meets your brand’s voice and goals; otherwise, it won’t take your business far.