Have you always liked the idea of moving to Dubai and living the high life in one of the most lavish and up-market destinations in the world? If so, you’ll likely be interested to learn what kind of employment opportunities are available to you.
In this article, we’re going to focus on finding a job in digital marketing in Dubai.
Is it easy? And what kind of skills will you need to succeed?
Read on for more…
How easy is it to find a job in digital marketing in Dubai?
While you don’t have to look very far to find plenty of work opportunities in Dubai, securing yourself a position in digital marketing is a little more competitive than you might imagine.
The fact is, the job market in Dubai right now is very saturated in that many, many professionals are looking to start a new life in the UAE – which means you’ll have to really make yourself stand out as a viable candidate if you wish to succeed.
So, the question is, what kind of skills and qualifications will you need to separate yourself from the competition?
What skills and qualifications do you need to secure a career in digital marketing in Dubai?
If you want to find a job with a digital marketing agency in Dubai, you should have some of the following skills and qualifications:
- Search engine optimization: being the backbone of the digital marketing world, having a fairly advanced understanding of SEO is going to be an essentiality. If you have experience in SEO, this will definitely work in your favour.
- Social media marketing: Given the importance of social media marketing and how it can complement a variety of other digital marketing strategies, being well-versed in this area can help your case when looking for work opportunities.
- Data analytics: while you don’t necessarily need to be a data analytics expert to succeed in digital marketing (given the plethora of different job roles available), having a reasonable understanding of this – and its significance – is helpful.
- Content marketing: content marketing is a critical aspect of a successful digital marketing campaign and being able to contribute to this will help you secure a quality position.
- Design & video editing skills: again, you don’t have to be a qualified designer or expert video editor, however, if you have experience in these areas it will certainly set you apart from the competition.
- Strategic planning: having a strategic mind and plenty of experience with formulating digital marketing strategies can’t hurt your case when applying for a position.
- Great communication skills: you must also possess great communication skills to thrive in the digital marketing industry. In a location like Dubai, multi-lingual professionals will have an advantage (though it isn’t an essentiality).
- Problem solving: digital marketing is all about problem solving. You need to be able to overcome the odds and help your clients cut-through the noise. If you are a skilled problem solver, you’ll be in good stead to secure a career in this industry.
- Leadership qualities: even if you have no interest in pursuing a management position, possessing leadership qualities is always a huge bonus when applying for roles in such competitive industries.
- Flexibility: you must be flexible and have the ability to adapt to an ever-evolving and highly demanding industry.
As for qualifications, digital marketing agencies are far more concerned with practical experience than they are formal degrees and qualifications. If you have a qualification in web development or SEO or any other related field then it will certainly help your case, however, hands-on experience is far more valuable in this regard.
As mentioned throughout the article, while you do not need to be an expert in all of the fields listed above (especially if you have a niche speciality, such as UX design), it still helps if you have a good understanding of things like data analytics, content creation, and search engine optimization.
If you have at least 3 to 5-years of experience in your field, it’s certainly worth applying to some jobs and seeing what kind of response you get. However, if you are not quite there yet, it might be worth cracking on and gaining as much hands-on experience as you can in the meantime before you look into making the move.
We hope you’ve found this article insightful and wish you the best of luck with your future career advancement.