As humans die, likewise, as a natural process, trees fall when they are dead. But no one can tell precisely how long a tree will stand before it falls, as every tree is different.
Trees may fall due to extreme weather conditions, a natural disaster, or a deadly disease. When your tree starts to rot and decay, it’s when you understand that it will fall at any time.
How do you know if a dead tree is going to fall?
Here are warning signs that you should keep in mind:
- You begin to notice falling or dead branches. It indicates that your tree might be suffering from root rot and that the leaves and stems are not getting enough nutrition.
- A tree that has hollow spots is a sign of a decaying trunk.
- If you see a lot of mushrooms growing around the tree, it may be a sign of rotten roots and a trunk.
- If a tree has many deep cracks or missing bark
- If the roots near the tree’s base are exposed, the topsoil is absent.
If you have a massive tree near your property, it is essential to understand its risks. After thorough research, essential information has been compiled to guide you on what to do when a tree falls on your property.
Dead trees are not as strong as living trees as they become brittle and may break unexpectedly. As time passes, they start to decompose, and branches start to fall. There is a real risk of the entire tree falling over commercial property, which may cause the following things:
- It may damage your property
- It may cause personal injury
- It can disrupt your business activities
If you spot dead branches or limbs, it may mean your tree is dead. A strong wind can easily make a dead tree fall off. The damage caused due to unexpected falling of trees can be severe. Removing a tree as soon as you notice the signs and symptoms could save you a lot of money. To get the best tree services Toronto, you must research and select the one that meets your needs and requirements.
Steps to take when a tree falls on your commercial property:
Get in touch with commercial tree services Toronto
Call a professional arborist to evaluate the situation. They’re professionally trained to handle complex tree problems and deal with removal practices.
Involve your insurance providers
You should inform your insurance company when the tree has fallen on your property and report for a claim. If you have property insurance, the damages done to your property will be covered.
Get the tree removed
A fallen tree is no good to you. Hence, it is vital to get it removed as soon as possible. Ensure it hasn’t caused any damage to your or your neighbor’s property.
It is best to call an arborist to deal with this potential hazard. They will assess the tree and suggest the right procedure for it.